Thilo MolitorVogelsbergstr. 1868642 BürstadtGermany
Monal originates in 2002 as fork of the SworIM app. Until 2019 it has been developed by Anu Pokharel. Since then Thilo Molitor took over the development and joined in 2020 with Friedrich Altheide. From initial rewrite of code in the backend the entire app has been upgraded with a modern XMPP engine, new features and future-proof setup. Monal challenges to be the go-to XMPP chat-app for the iOS and macOS platform.
Thilo Molitor - About me on wiki.xmpp.org
Talks and other documents
- Molitor, Thilo. Monal development recap 2019 - 2021 and open discussion Berlin XMPP Meetup, 13th October 2021, Weblink
- Molitor, Thilo; Altheide, Friedrich. Modern XMPP - A story based on Monal Berlin XMPP Meetup, 13th April 2022, Weblink, Slides
- Molitor, Thilo. XMPP Push notifications on iOS
- XEP-0353: Jingle Message Initiation
Authors: Philipp Hancke, Peter Saint-Andre, Thilo Molitor
This specification provides a way for the initiator of a Jingle session to propose sending an invitation in an XMPP message stanza, thus taking advantage of message delivery semantics instead of sending IQ stanzas to all of the responder’s online resources or choosing a particular online resource.
- XEP-0474: SASL SCRAM Downgrade Protection
Authors: Thilo Molitor
This specification provides a way to secure the SASL and SASL2 handshakes against method and channel-binding downgrades.
- XEP-0388: Extensible SASL Profile
Authors: Dave Cridland, Thilo Molitor, Matthew Wild
This document describes a replacement for the SASL profile documented in RFC 6120 which allows for greater extensibility.